March is keeping us guessing with 40-degree temp swings and snow tantrums, but spring is making progress and we’ll be outdoors regularly in no time. Here are stories that caught my attention as a business leader/owner that I thought might be helpful to you as you guide your team to your next set of victories:
- From SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management), an article about Form I-9 policy changes coming May 1 you may need to take a look at.
- Is deciding when employees work the fast follow to making decisions about your employees working remotely? This article thinks so…
Do Good Spotlight on: St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
We can’t say enough about this week’s spotlight organization, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of their founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family’s ability to pay. As they say on the website, “Thanks to you, families never receive a bill from St. Jude.” We love that and made a donation. Here’s where you can learn more.
- The SEC is getting serious about climate change. Are there notes from what is being required of public companies that affect your business or those you do business with? How can you align?
- Here’s a self-care check in via Real Simple magazine—good questions to ask yourself and no points if you don’t answer them.
- Our friends at WOMEN Unlimited, Inc. just released the company’s latest impact report. Great stats to share about the advancement of women in the workplace and the factors that help drive success, from the women themselves to their manager to their mentors.
- Looking for ways to retain and attract employees with more flexibility? The Harvard Business Review has 4 great tips that increase flexibility without costing productivity. You interested? Here’s the link.
That’s a wrap for this week. Remember to keep focused, take care of yourself, and stay in the flow for optimal everything. You got this!