Lots to share for the business leader in you:
- Burnout is having a major impact on our employees and leadership too. Vistage highlights the signs of burnout and offers suggestions for recognizing and if possible, doing a 180.
- Are you factoring “the Great Resignation?” We’ve been talking about the shifting perspectives of workers and progressive companies, with the future being a more equitable exchange rather than the historical “company=benefactor, worker=lucky to have a job.” Here are several articles that outline what’s going on right now from a bigger picture perspective to help you with your mindset and decision making:
- From Axios: “The Age of Career Jumpers.” Here’s a tidbit: “What’s happening: The pandemic has caused a crisis of burnout and pushed millions of people to reconsider what fulfills them at work. Of the workers that want to switch jobs or fields, 50% say they are looking for higher compensation, 34% want more growth opportunities and 24% are tired of working on the same things, per the survey.”
- From Ad Age. (Subscription required.)
- From Tech Republic. Here’s a taste: “The risk is that executives will decide that defining the hybrid workplace is too difficult and revert back to old habits. Kropp said that all of the data shows that employees are higher performing and more productive in hybrid work settings.”
- And from NPR. Here’s a quote from a worker, Jonathan Caballero, “I think the pandemic has changed my mindset in a way, like I really value my time now.” There’s more, a lot more…
- McKinsey put out an article this week on “The growth triple play: Creativity, analytics and purpose.” One of their key takeaways is companies who are leveraging even just one of these capabilities sees growth rates of 6%, and when they hit the trifecta, growth rates 12% — 2.3x that of their peers who have not developed these capabilities.
Do Good Spotlight on: Jason Raynor
Gun violence hit close to home for DBE/Owlthena this past week when Daytona Beach, Florida officer Jason Raynor was shot in the head in the line of duty by a seasoned criminal. It was all recorded on Jason’s body cam. A week later, Jason is still fighting for his life with the bullet lodged in his brain until his system stabilizes enough for a positive surgery outcome. We have team members who know Jason personally and this week’s do good shout out goes to Jason and his family, along with a donation to the GoFundMe set up to support him and his family, who flew to Florida and are staying by his side while he endures a medical coma awaiting surgery. Good energy and prayers are great donations too. Thanks…
I hope this week’s issue helps you with your planning for the near future. Have a safe and productive rest of the week.